HypnoticStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan's GM app (resubmitted)! :-)

3 posters

Go down

Should Alan become a gm?

Alan's GM app (resubmitted)! :-) Vote_lcap38%Alan's GM app (resubmitted)! :-) Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Alan's GM app (resubmitted)! :-) Vote_lcap0%Alan's GM app (resubmitted)! :-) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Alan's GM app (resubmitted)! :-) Vote_lcap62%Alan's GM app (resubmitted)! :-) Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 8

Alan's GM app (resubmitted)! :-) Empty Alan's GM app (resubmitted)! :-)

Post by finkelshteyn Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:26 pm

In-Game Name: Alan but (if) I was to be made a GM it would be under the name Aian (The i is capital.

Name: Alan

Location/Timezone: Melbourne, Australia. My timezone is AEST

Describe yourself (personality wise): Fun, optimistic & friendly outgoing indivdual.

Email (If any): alanfink07@hotmail

MSN (If any): Same as above but I dont really use it. I use facebook and skype tho and my skype name is Finkelshteyna

How active are you in game? in forums?: I just joined but i played a 10 houe block straight and have holiadys in one weeks time!

How long have you been with HypnoticStory?: 1 day but loving it already!

What do you think you can contribute to this server?: I have prior experiance as a GM on 2 other PS's and am a good communicator. I enjoy hosting events and understand my boundries. I also speak 2 languages and have deep knowledge not only aobut private servers but I am an avid mapler as well. I'm also down for a good chat 24/7!

Why are you applying for GM?: I love private servers and already have made a load of friends through this server and would love to help out the community. I also believe me becoming a GM would help brng some friends to the game. (I won't favour them, not only because of the rule, but because I can laugh at them.)

Have you had any previous GM experience? Where and for how long?: I was a GM on citrix and another PS (Forgot name) All up I have about 6 months experiance. The servers were version 55 and 62 respectivly.

What is your method for hunting for hackers? !cheaters always works but my favourite method is !online. I see who is online and I use hide to watch people for aobut a 1 minute time frame. If nothing suspicous is happening it's off to the next person.

how often do you think you should hunt for hackers?: 30 mins minimum.

How would you handle a hacker?: Firstly it's important to have documented proof. Once the SS is taken I follow rules which in previous servers was warning or jail (Descretion applicapble.) Then Temporary ban but I would have to check up on these rukes properly with associated Admins on this server.

If 2 people are arguing over SMEGA how would you handle it?: An !warp would suffice. Bring them both to a secluded map. Inform them that they are breaking rules by spamming and try and resolve the arguement.

If a player were to call you a "fail GM" how would you respond to that? or how would you retaliate?: SS and take that the supperiors. I believe in free speech and maple isn't a dictatorship. I would give the screen shot to an admin and let them deal with it.

as a GM what do you feel is more important for YOURSELF? Having fun or Keeping the server organized and clean?: I believe that the game is intended for fun but as an admin we have a role to fill. I believe there is no problem in having two accounts and therfore a mix between the two would suffice. I see Gm duties like running events as fun anyway and chasing hackers also.

Why should we choose you?: I believe I have sufficiant qualities for the job and I am in a time zone in which would greatly benefit this server. I speak multiple languages and am very easy to communicate with. I enjoy this community and believe that with my help I can make it even better for all.

Why shouldn't we choose you?: That's upto you to decide... IM PERFECT!

Extra info you feel is necessary: I have the experiance and believe that the time that I am in (AEST) would be perfect as this way a GM would always be on to moniter the server and help out during all situations. I play almost all the time and with holidays coming up in 1 week I will be playing ALOT...

finkelshteyn
Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Alan's GM app (resubmitted)! :-) Empty Re: Alan's GM app (resubmitted)! :-)

Post by Nathaniel Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Honestly, how do you forget the name of a private server that you were on for atleast months. :\ I smell lies! And also which GM were you on citrix.

Nathaniel
Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by finkelshteyn Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Should have expected flamerz, ok i was Alan on citrix as up above and i'll respond to the second one in a second, now you have made me go look up the serve, ill get back to you on it. BTW I played it for like 3 months then it got shut down straight away and it was running on v62. Im looking up name now brb...

finkelshteyn
Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by finkelshteyn Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Can't find it, still think i have client on other comp, ill update when it's fixed next week but don't accuse me of being a liar, hate that...

finkelshteyn
Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:21 pm

I honestly have no intent of flaming you. I just thought it was too convenient that you can actually forget a server's name. It just makes you seem unreliable. ]:

Nathaniel
Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobieIsBack Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:53 am

GoodLuck (:

NoobieIsBack
Balrog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum