HypnoticStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sara's Resume

3 posters

Go down

In your opinion, would I qualify?

Sara's Resume Vote_lcap20%Sara's Resume Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Sara's Resume Vote_lcap80%Sara's Resume Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Sara's Resume Vote_lcap0%Sara's Resume Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Sara's Resume Empty Sara's Resume

Post by Sara Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:42 am

Sara's Resume;
An epitome of a longer script that is her.

Note: In certain areas I would point form the aspects and elaborate below.

In-Game Name:

Sara

Name:

Sara

15 -2009-

Location/Timezone:

South East Asia ; +8 GMT

Describe yourself (personality wise):

[i] Perfectionist
[ii] Melancholic Choleric
[iii] Daydreamer

From young I have been a perfectionist; I can not leave a job undone. Projects given to me will usually be overseen from start to finish. As a Melancholic I do not like crowds in general. I prefer solitude or company of closest friends. But as a secondary Choleric I do not shirk from taking charge and strive to accomplish tasks set by me or by others. Yet there are moments in which I enjoy daydreaming. It relieves the mind of constant turmoil and restricted access.

I come across as a very strict person to many. It may be so, but I believe I am only upholding what I hold dear, dignity and respect. Experience from socializing with many different types of people taught me to give every single player the same required amount of common courtesy. Someone taught me to judge from what you yourself have seen; not rumours, not accounts retold by others.

Email (If any):

I do not divulge my personal details, but feel free to pm me for it.

MSN (If any):

Likewise, personal details shall be messaged to you if you wish.

How active are you in game? in forums?:

I have never timed myself.
Generally I often enough spend a few hours at the computer a day, though this includes the time I give to my graphic designing.
Dedication to a server should not be judged by the amount spent on the server, but the effort contributed during the duration of the online period.
So shall we just say... 3-4 hours a day?

How long have you been with HypnoticStory?:

Approximately few days.

What do you think you can contribute to this server?:

[1] Mediation;Mediator
[2] Contribute to creating an enjoyable environment
[3] Help refrain negative issues from happening
[4] Administrative work

I have always worked hard to achieve mediator status. Mediator is literally middle person; a person who is the messenger between 2 parties. In this case, I would like to be a mediator in the form of helping out with disagreements and arguments. Often enough mega wars or arguments happen between players. Such outbreaks usually tarnish the relaxed environment a server should have for gameplay to be enjoyable and as such I would like to help refrain such happenings. Every single argument you stop while give it a chance to settle down and not repeat. When you carry a positive attitude towards things it in turn would generate positivity.

A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts; events; and outcomes.
It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results.

I hope to be able to bring a little of my positivity that it may contribute to the server what little it can.

Funny as it seems, I like administrative or you can say paper work. But since this is all via online, it would be typing work. If given a chance, I would be honoured to be able to help in such a way. I have always enjoyed writing reports, stories, poems; writing in short. This is a form of service I can offer to this server.

Why are you applying for GM?:

When I first joined private servers, I found out that the players' attitudes matter very much. When I played server with players who were willing to help, it was such great joy to come on. A GM's attitude would also in turn affect the players. If they saw a GM who was dedicated to helping, who enjoyed lending others a hand, they too pick up the habit of doing so. I wish to spread my meager help and positivity, so that others might in turn do so and create an environment for the game that is compellingly community-minded.

Players are always comfortable when they know if they ever need help there would be someone there to help them. I remember the times where I started a new server; alone and shy, it was not easy to ask for help or to ask for guidance. But as a GM if you put in the effort to reach out to these players they would be so grateful and they would be loyal to the server. If my effort at helping players give them such joy, I would love to be able to do so on a regular basis.

As I have said before, I like being able to mediate arguments and fights and so dissolve; refrain them for happening again. But though I have tried to help out as a player, most of the time, players do not listen to players. I respect the right they have to not pay attention to me. But I also would be honoured if they give me the chance to help them make a new friend instead of a nemesis. If being a GM is what it takes for them to listen to me, to accept my help, then I wish to become one.

Have you had any previous GM experience? Where and for how long?:

[Level 4 // Forum Administrator ] 6 Months; KHAirMS -2008-
[Level 3 // Graphic Designer ] 2 Months; FarawayMS -2008-
[ Level 4 ] 1 Month ; VengeanceMS -2009-

I am usually the Night GM due to my timezone.

What is your method for hunting for hackers?

Usually I would use !cheaters and check every single player on the list. This method I carry out at least every half hour, sometimes every 20 minutes or so.

There is another way I keep a lookout. There is a command that shows you every player in the channel. I used to use this command and check every single player regardless if they show up on the !cheaters list. But as this way is very time taxing, especially when there are many players online, I limit this to when there are lesser players and less often.

How often do you think you should hunt for hackers?:

I think that the lookout for hackers should be round the clock. Not only GMs can do so, but players who stumble upon hackers can take a screenshot and help out. Thus I believe GMs should cooperate with each other and take turns when there are multiple GMs online. The check should be thorough and at least every half hour.

How would you handle a hacker?:

This will depend on the policy of the server.

For reference towards my way, I would take a screenshot and continue to warp the player to a quiet map and question them. Then I would ask for a promise to not repeat the charge; screenshot that for proof. If they do repeat it, then it would be a permanent ban. I take violation of promises very seriously.

I believe in rehabilitation instead of immediate punishment.

If 2 people are arguing over SMEGA how would you handle it?:

Firstly, I would ask for their permission to help them with their problems. If they give me their permission, I would warp them a quiet map and ask for both their opinions with them present, though only one may speak at a time. Then I would try to see where the roots of the fire sprung from and diminish their anger. If possible, I would ask for the opinions of others. I would also ask for their ideas to solving this problem because ultimately only the 2 arguing knows what really happened and what really matters.

If they do not wish for me to interfere, I respect their decision but I would ask them to take it off public chat and maybe offer them a quiet place to calm down talk things out. But I would also inform them that I am always ready to help out if they need me.

If a player were to call you a "fail GM" how would you respond to that? or how would you retaliate?:

Sadly, I have a temper sometimes. If they do catch me when I am not in the cordial mood, I would politely but coldly tell them that I thank them for their opinion but I know how I do my job. If my superiors were unhappy with the way I handle tasks then they have full rights to tell me so and educate me on ways to change.

I believe that players have the right to offer their opinions; but also as fellow players they should respect a GM as a person as well. From experience players would be mad if they were wrongfully criticized. If they feel as such, then why should they treat GMs in the similar manner? GMs are still humans behind the pixelated character.

Now if they had a constructive point in their criticism, for example, a way to be more organized while hosting events, then I would gladly thank them for their advice and put it to good use.

As a GM what do you feel is most important for YOURSELF? Having fun or keeping the server organized and clean?:

The term GM that refers to Game Master carries the responsibility of taking care of the server. From what we understand of the word master, it puts you in charge of something and by being in charge you carry on the responsibility of making sure your charge is well kept. Similarly, as a GM it is the job criteria to make sure everything runs smoothly and the players get full satisfaction.

A GM is here to offer their time and help to the players. No, they are not the player's slaves. That is why GMs do not have the right to simply give out items to players. GMs are there to help out the players while they carry about their activities; to create a safe and happy environment in which everyone gets to have fun and relax. I believe GMship is not a holiday job. It is a dedication; a vocation that requires every minute you give it. There is no instance where a GM can reject helping players if it is in their capacity to do so. Naturally the help should be based on the server's policy and rules.

GMs can have fun too. By making players happy and giving them peace of mind, GMs too get the happiness of helping others.

In answer to your question, I think that both should be on a certain ratio. To have fun while serving.

Why should we choose you?:

I know there are probably many other players with the same ideas and views as me. I may not stand out as being particularly friendly, overly easy to get along with; but I know that I can help others. To me true altruism exists. When you see the joy of others from your efforts, the smile and the warm feeling that comes to you, that proves you have true altruism in you.

I cannot promise I would be great in the job; I cannot promise that I would never mess up or I would never make a player angry. But I can promise that I do my best.

Why shouldn't we choose you?:

As I mentioned earlier, I have a temper sometimes. Usually when I face imbeciles I become very cold. In the sense that I use sarcasm and though my tone is polite, the implications of my words become very harsh. I try to keep cool as often as possible, and I admit that I have slipped up at times. I am ready to apologize if it is reasonable.

I am also very used to being alone. That is why you may not find me socializing much. This is because my mind takes up all of my time. I can sit alone at a corner with just me, myself and I for hours on end and still not be bored. GMs are supposed to be friendly at all times. I know I am friendly, but I still relish in having alone times.

Extra info you feel is necessary:

I have seen what the GMs of this server have done and what they have strive to achieve. I thank them for their willingness to help, especially when I too was a new player, not knowing the ropes of the game. I still am a new player, but I feel that I am ready to help others. In turn, help myself by giving me the satisfaction of doing a good job.

Sorry for making this so long, and thank you for reading it.

Please forgive me of any grammatical or spelling errors you may find. Afterall, I still am human.

If you have any comments or if you would like to reconfirm my views on certain issues you may do so by leaving a post. I greatly welcome your feedback.

Thank you.

-Sara
Sara
Sara
Over Posted

http://www.saraworks.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Sara's Resume Empty Re: Sara's Resume

Post by Loony's Lin! Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:43 am

Your application is very long, and detailed. I think you've got a great chance, Sara.
- Btw, I didn't have to read your application to know I was gunna vote >>YES<<. ;D

Good Luck. ;3
Loony's Lin!
Loony's Lin!
Forum Raider

Back to top Go down

Sara's Resume Empty Re: Sara's Resume

Post by DrummaNick Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:13 pm

Wow, very professional. Good luck Sara! Very Happy
DrummaNick
DrummaNick
Senior Forum Poster

Back to top Go down