HypnoticStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Modified] Lin's No-longer App.

+4
kaetin
violetfire
xMrPexon
Loony's Lin!
8 posters

Go down

Do you think I (Lin/Linessa) would make a good GM, would you like to see me as one? ;D

[Modified] Lin's No-longer App. Vote_lcap82%[Modified] Lin's No-longer App. Vote_rcap 82% 
[ 9 ]
[Modified] Lin's No-longer App. Vote_lcap18%[Modified] Lin's No-longer App. Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

[Modified] Lin's No-longer App. Empty [Modified] Lin's No-longer App.

Post by Loony's Lin! Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:38 am

Please Note:
This Application has been respectfully revoked by myself, Lin, under the circumstances that I will not be returning to the server.
(LIES, I'm back, hahaha).
~ However, please feel free to read it anyway - I spent a great deal of time and effort on this application, and I am proud of it. I don't want it to go to waste. Also, please feel free to take any suggestions from my application, and use them for your self - however do not copy // plagiarize (will lead to an automatic decline of your application). Thank you. ~

LIN'S GM APPLICATION - A ONE TIME ONLY POSTING. >>> VIEW NOW <<<
- I joke, hehe. Enjoy your reading. ;3

In-Game Name:
Like a Star @ heaven Linessa [Now, LoonyLin]

Name:
Like a Star @ heaven Lin

Like a Star @ heaven 21 ~ on Oct17 / TOMORROW Crying or Very sad

Location/Timezone:
Like a Star @ heaven (GMT -05:00) Eastern Time (US&Canada)

Describe yourself (personality wise):

Like a Star @ heaven I can be an entertaining person. I am sarcastic (which has sometimes gotten me in trouble, I'm not gunna lie ;P). It's usually pretty difficult to anger me, though I get frustrated fairly easily, which can sometimes be misconstrued as anger.
Like a Star @ heaven I am very attentive, sometimes observant, and personable (I try to know as many people by first name basis, or by whatever name - nickname or otherwise - an individual provides).
Like a Star @ heaven Generally I'm fun to be around, unless I'm moping over something retarded I've done earlier that day, and I'm angry with myself (not something I take out on others, but I might seem sad and/or distant).
Like a Star @ heaven I like to be creative, and helpful. And I just enjoy meeting new people, and hanging out, getting to know them. ;3
Like a Star @ heaven You kinda know me, right? xP

Email (If any):
Like a Star @ heaven CaitE.Godin@yahoo.ca

MSN (If any):
Like a Star @ heaven CaitE.Godin@yahoo.ca

How active are you in game? In forums?
:
Like a Star @ heaven I would have to say that I am active in both game and forum - lately I've kind of been a forum nut.
Like a Star @ heaven I try to log into Hypnotic every day, unless there is some extending circumstance in which I am unable to play (like my keyboard incident), but I'll find a way to let ya'll know. ;3

How long have you been with HypnoticStory?
:
Like a Star @ heaven Difficult to say, actually. I think it has been just over a week, possibly two weeks. It has taken me a while to find a decent server to play. ;3

What do you think you can contribute to this server?:

Like a Star @ heaven Surely, I could. I don't mean to brag or anything, but the last server I was on (I quit because the owner was very wishy-washy, and actually said to me once "I am the owner, I am not a GM, I do not help players." <<< wth? Not a great attitude) I was the Admin, and when I left I received a fair few notes from the players saying they would miss me because I was "the best admin" they'd ever had.
Like a Star @ heaven Besides being an awesome person (Ex. of my sarcasm RIGHT there ;P), I think I would be able to help the community simply by helping new players - pointed them in the right direction, answering questions, etc.
Like a Star @ heaven I've had experience making websites, and banners, forums, etc.

Why are you applying for GM?:
Like a Star @ heaven It is currently 11:55am, and there are no GMs online. Yesterday, around this time, at least 4 people smega'd looking for a GM to help them, but unfortunately, there were none online. I think I could be available during a time when some of the other GMs are at school, or doing teenager stuffs (homework, and w/e else it is that you do ;3).
Like a Star @ heaven I like to help.

Have you had any previous GM experience? Where and for how long?:

Like a Star @ heaven I have actually had plenty of GM experience. I was first GM on a server called PushPopMS, which was over a year ago, and since then, almost every server I've played since, I have been a GM - not that I'm always applying to be one, or that that is the only reason I play Maple, mostly because ... the servers I have played, I have become friendly with GMs, and owners, and they often ask me to post applications, or just outright ask if I'd like to become a GM for their server. o.o;

What is your method for hunting for hackers?
Like a Star @ heaven Usually, just simply this;
1. Go in Hide.
2. Use the "!online" and "!connected" commands.
3. Determine whether there are any users I am unfamiliar with.
4. Use the "!warp" command to those I am curious about.
5. Determine whether they are new / hacking / just being them.
6. Change channels, and repeat. ;3
Like a Star @ heaven This is also a great method to learn of new players - if I happen to come across a new user in this process, I often come out of hide (once I'm sure they are not hacking / doing something "illegal") and introduce myself, and buff them. ;3
Like a Star @ heaven I use this method because you can't always rely on the "!cheaters" command - I was falsely accused of hacking because a GM used this command, and didn't bother to check to see if I was actually hacking. );<
Like a Star @ heaven It is actually a very effective method for catching hackers - in my experience. ;3

How often do you think you should hunt for hackers?:
Like a Star @ heaven Quite honestly, I use my above method about once an hour, or every two. I don't always go running around looking for them, but if I were to use my method, and I happen to notice a name out of place, or one that is overly suspicious (like "gshdjkshjkghehe", as an example), I will check it out.
Like a Star @ heaven So I think a GM should check, minimum of every two hours. ;3

How would you handle a hacker?:
Like a Star @ heaven Honestly, it depends. On some servers, the admins, or owners tell you to ban a hacker upon sighting (as soon as you are sure they are truly hacking), and others tell you only to save their name, and report them to them (the owner - and yes, this has actually been the case once or twice o.o;).
Like a Star @ heaven So far as I've seen on this server, however, once a hacker is spotted, a GM will ban him/her immediately with a valid reasoning. Of course, if this is the way you would like your GMs to opperate, than I would just observe the user in question for a few minutes, and once I was positive of my decision, I would take the appropriate actions (a ban of course ;3).

If 2 people are arguing over SMEGA how would you handle it?:

Like a Star @ heaven Gosh, I absolutely hate when people argue via smega.
1st. I would ask them to settle their arguments privately - through whispers, or someplace on common grounds.
2nd. If they have not headed my first request, I would then give them a warning.
3rd. (Depending on my permissions in this matter) I would jail them both, and tell them to settle their argument in there, and free them once they've calmed down / settled things amongst themselves - and yes I am aware that they can smega from jail, but hopefully if they are in the same room, they won't feel the need to smega.
4th. If jail doesn't work ... Gee, I don't know what you can do after that. o.o; - slaps them around a little - ;3
Like a Star @ heaven Or any other method you suggest.

If a player were to call you a "fail GM" how would you respond to that? or how would you retaliate?:
Like a Star @ heaven When someone says a thing like that, it is usually to get a rise from the person, so either I would play along with them (ie. "Ahah, yes, I know. I totally am fail. ;3"), or I would ignore their comments like this, and start random conversations (ie. THEM: "You fail as a GM, Lin." ME: "I saw a clown yesterday." THEM: "REALLY REALLY FAIL!" ME: "He was wearing a top hat.").
Like a Star @ heaven Or else I would simply ask them to please stop, and go into a detailed lecture about how being polite can get you a lot father in life than being rude. Think that's enough to make them wish they never insulted me?
Like a Star @ heaven Usually, though, this stuff doesn't bother me.
Like a Star @ heaven Or any other method you suggest. ;3

As a GM what do you feel is more important for YOURSELF? Having fun or Keeping the server organized and clean?:

Like a Star @ heaven Oh, having fun of course - HOWEVER, a messy server isn't much fun. No
Like a Star @ heaven My first proirity would be to make sure everything was sound, and operational - if not, I would see what I could do to fix it, or find someone who could (via. forum note, or however I need to contact the people in charge >> YOU RANDY << ;D ).

Why should we choose you?:
Like a Star @ heaven - Copies and pastes entire application here - This is why. ;3
Like a Star @ heaven Jokes. I think you should pick me because I am a very easy going individual, easy to get along with, helpful, and I always have interests in making the community bigger, better and more fun for everyone.
Like a Star @ heaven I have a cool head, and can deal with most problems, and in the event that I cannot, I am not afraid to ask for help from someone who can - the players are the important ones, right, they should have their problems solved, and questions answered, by any means. ;3
Like a Star @ heaven I put lots of pretty stars on my application. ;D

Why shouldn't we choose you?:
Like a Star @ heaven Hehe. I can be very stubborn - sometimes it can come in handy, but it can also be an anchor.
Like a Star @ heaven I can get frustrated when dealing with complete morons.
Like a Star @ heaven I only speak English - I won't be able to communicate with other language speaking users (I know a bit of Spanish, Swedish, and the basic French - Bonjour << THATS IT ;3).

Extra info you feel is necessary:
Like a Star @ heaven First of all, I'd like to say this ... WHOA, this application form is hella long. ;D I like that. Most GM applications are "Name, age, Experience, reason for applying". They're so simple and not at all informing. Way to go on this application form, guys (Who ever created it ... Randy, was it you? ;D).
Like a Star @ heaven UHM. I don't think there's anything else. I'm gunna go play MapleEc- I mean ... Hypnotic now. ;3

Ciao, all.
Thanks for reading. I know it's long, but it's SO worth it. xDD
JOKES, again! I'm so funny. ;3

Last edited by Loony's Lin! on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:57 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : VioletFire pointed out a grammar error - I'm anal about grammar - MUST FIX. ;3)
Loony's Lin!
Loony's Lin!
Forum Raider

Back to top Go down

[Modified] Lin's No-longer App. Empty Re: [Modified] Lin's No-longer App.

Post by xMrPexon Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:14 pm

Good Luck ~~
xMrPexon
xMrPexon
Senior Forum Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by violetfire Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Really Really good application. Smile I like the way you put honesty in your answers. As you sister, I know when you're full of sh!t. Bravo, and I doubt anyone will notice your spelling mistake <<;3

violetfire
Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Loony's Lin! Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Thank you, both.
And thank you, Violet for pointing out my error. ;3
Loony's Lin!
Loony's Lin!
Forum Raider

Back to top Go down

Post by kaetin Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:03 am

Wow I can't become a GM now ahah after looking at yours. GOOD LUCK! Razz dont forget me Razz

kaetin
Golem

Back to top Go down

Post by Loony's Lin! Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:15 am

LMAO, what's that suppose to mean!! Haha. I have as good a chance as anyone else. ;p

SILLY STEVE. bounce
Loony's Lin!
Loony's Lin!
Forum Raider

Back to top Go down

Post by PureIcy Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:02 am

Haha linessa Gd luck
Hope still got more slot for GM
PureIcy
PureIcy
Senior Forum Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Loony's Lin! Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Idk, there's a lot of GMs already. ;3
But, thank you anyway. ;D
Loony's Lin!
Loony's Lin!
Forum Raider

Back to top Go down

Post by xMrPexon Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:22 pm

Still. .. Good Luck.
xMrPexon
xMrPexon
Senior Forum Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by vanessa Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:54 pm

I think it's a wonderful App.
Good luck on being a GM
One thing i would like to point out is your Grammar, it's very well done, and personally, i think an app (even if it's for a game) should be neat and grammatically correct. I really don't understand why people will put things like '2day, w/, bcuz' and all those slang into an app.
Also, you said there were no GM online at 11:55 am. I assume your time zone is PST, and if it is, almost all the GM (including myself) have school.

(i think randy has enough GMs for now. but the applications are still open)
vanessa
vanessa
SuPA Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Loony's Lin! Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:56 pm

Oh, I know most of the GMs have school .. that was kind of my point. Lol. You guys are all gone during the day, but I'm around. ;3

And thank you. I am sort of a grammar freak. Aha. bounce
Loony's Lin!
Loony's Lin!
Forum Raider

Back to top Go down

Post by vanessa Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:44 pm

Lol, btw don't you have school though?
vanessa
vanessa
SuPA Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Loony's Lin! Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:11 am

No, I don't. I'm doing a sort of home-school program. ;]
Loony's Lin!
Loony's Lin!
Forum Raider

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:41 pm

Nice App Lin
Alex
Alex
Wolf Enemy [IGN:Wolf]

Back to top Go down

Post by Loony's Lin! Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:53 pm

WHY THANK YOU, Alex.
Nice Sig. ;]

Make me one? bounce

-jokes .. or not?-
Loony's Lin!
Loony's Lin!
Forum Raider

Back to top Go down

Post by cruzer Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:27 pm

no point in my app. completely washed me out. GOOD LUCK LIN Razz

cruzer
Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Loony's Lin! Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:31 pm

Lol? o.o;
Thank ... you?
Loony's Lin!
Loony's Lin!
Forum Raider

Back to top Go down

Post by kaetin Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:06 pm

CAIT CAIT CAIT CAIT CAIT! hi Very Happy

kaetin
Golem

Back to top Go down

Post by Loony's Lin! Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:51 am

O.O;
Er, hello?
Loony's Lin!
Loony's Lin!
Forum Raider

Back to top Go down

Post by kaetin Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:19 pm

haha im bored...

kaetin
Golem

Back to top Go down

Post by Loony's Lin! Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:47 am

Obviously. ;o
Loony's Lin!
Loony's Lin!
Forum Raider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down