HypnoticStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Forum] Suggestions Form;

+3
vanessa
iL1nk
Sara
7 posters

Go down

[Forum] Suggestions Form; Empty [Forum] Suggestions Form;

Post by Sara Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:21 pm

Hey.
So as many know the HypnoticStory forums has only 90 odd members to date after being up for approximately 2 months.
In order to change that, here are a few suggestions.

1. Make the forums private.
Many players only come onto the forums if the server is down to see if there were any announcements. By allowing them to view the forums without signing up it means they will not actively join in the forums. If, however, membership is required, then it is more likely for them to be a member and post afterwards. This is because most people find it a hassle to post when they first view the forums as a guest. They do not wish to sign up either. But when you make them sign up, the posting will naturally come later on. Also on the upside of making forums private, no one is allowed entry without being known by the database and/or administration. This provides security in any case of Nexon or malicious outsiders.

2. Apply forums into In-Game events.
Most of the time players concentrate on their in-game prowess. When it comes to forums they do not pay much attention, if at all. To make the forums more interesting or more important, events may be held that offer lucrative rewards and prizes while requiring forum activity. For example, hosting an event with a twist that not only requires in-game participation but also forum participation. I have come up with a few ideas, so I'll just list them here.

[a] Be The [x]th Poster Through!;
This game basically wants the players to post. Event holder may start a topic and welcome players to post while not telling them which poster will get a prize. When the [x]th poster has posted, you award them with a prize of your/their choice, depending on the game rules you pick. You can also set questions that they must answer with each post or requirements.

[b] Hypnotic Shakespeare;
Shakespeare was a playwright and a poet. Hypnotic's twist is that every player is Shakespeare. An essay, poem, story or any written entry can be chosen and posted up as a thread. It may be a contribution from the players. Then, players are asked to guess the author. The person with the first correct answer will be rewarded.

[c] How Do You Spell Drama?;
Players may form a team of 3-10 and choose a scene from any movie to act out. Of course, they are only required to post a screenshot of the most exciting part of the drama they performed or chose. The team with the most interesting, creative and unique screenshot will be rewarded.
Judges will go by Creativity, Performance, Involvement and Originality.

[d] Whizkid Quiz;
This game can be solely on forums or in-game. First, post a list of questions in the forums. Then set a time and date for the players to go in-game and answer the questions. The first person to answer correctly at each question will be given a prize. The thing is, you will not say the questions in-game, merely its number. The questions will be in the forums which players would have to sign up and come on to see. This would work better if the forums were made private.

[e] How Long Can You Go?;
Players are required to continue or use words with ascending number of alphabets. For example: Us > Use > Used > Misused. And on and on. You can require them to use the previous word or it may be free. The player with either the longest word or the most posts wins. You can set rules such as it must be 2-3-4-5-etc. ascending alphabets.

[f] I Heard A Rumour;
Players enjoy chit-chatting and talking among themselves, exchanging news about everything under the sky. Now they can be rewarded for it. Players can post a rumour they heard and the most interesting one wins a prize. If its proven true, they can win double. However, only rumours are allowed. If it is gossip or if it is malicious spreading then the player will not be qualified to play.

[g] Words Twist;
A list of words will be posted up. It may be from 3-6 words, depending of difficulty. All of the words must be used inside the very same sentence. The player will the most interesting sentence will be rewarded.

[h] Battle Graphics;
A theme, render, picture, or even words may be set and players are required to post up their designs of it. It can also be a banner or a logo. The best design will be rewarded.

[i] Battle Slogan;
Players are asked to come up with a slogan for HypnoticStory. The most interesting one will be rewarded and maybe used for HypnoticStory's actual slogan.

3. Hall Of Fame.
A hall of fame can be set up right here in the forums. Players who qualify will be given the title and maybe a reward.
Examples :
[i] Community Award : The player with the most player-to-player interaction, such as PMs or Thanks.
[ii] Congeniality Award : The player with the most friends.
[iii] Writer Award : The player with the most threads, non-inclusive of spams, random or forum games.
[iv] Poster Award : The player with the most posts, non-inclusive of spams, random or forum games.
[v] Member Of The Month/Week : The player voted the most for being anything. It may be the best spokesperson, best friend, best listener, etc. In general, the most liked player.

4. Make Membership A Requirement.
This can be a little harsh, but require players to sign up for membership before allowing them to join an in-game event. To check if they have done so, ask them to send a PM of their in-game name to an administrator. This needs to be told in advance so that a list can be formed of players who qualify.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other Suggestions:

1. Add a chatroom.
Well, every forum needs a chat where players can poke fun at each other or just contact each other. Preferably not chatango?

2. Post a Staff List.
List of all the staff such as Administrator, Game Master, Forum Moderator, Graphic Designer. This is purely for information.

3. Set up policies.
[i] Event Policy.
[ii] Punishment Policy.
[iii] Donation Policy.

4. Update the rules and regulations frequently and post a complete list.

There's more but I forgot. I'll add them when I think of them. [=
If anyone else has any suggestion, please do post them.

-Sara
Sara
Sara
Over Posted

http://www.saraworks.webs.com

Back to top Go down

[Forum] Suggestions Form; Empty Re: [Forum] Suggestions Form;

Post by iL1nk Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:15 am

Lol, i liked the Policies thing ;P
iL1nk
iL1nk
Balrog

Back to top Go down

Post by vanessa Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:57 am

Wow. that's one long post. Thanks for helping out!
the types of games you suggested sounds fun and do-able
i'll try to incoporate as much of them as i can into the forums, as for the privatization of the forums you'll have to wait for an admin (randy, linessa, david)
vanessa
vanessa
SuPA Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Smileyface00 Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:29 am

Those are some great ideas. cheers Good job.
Smileyface00
Smileyface00
Balrog

Back to top Go down

Post by Randy Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:25 am

Although your not in Hypnotic anymore,
im probly going to try a few of these.
Randy
Randy
Admin

https://hypnoticstory.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleCrest Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:46 pm

Seems great !
purpleCrest
purpleCrest
SuPA Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Loony's Lin! Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:53 pm

Sara wrote:
2. Apply forums into In-Game events.
Most of the time players concentrate on their in-game prowess. When it comes to forums they do not pay much attention, if at all. To make the forums more interesting or more important, events may be held that offer lucrative rewards and prizes while requiring forum activity. For example, hosting an event with a twist that not only requires in-game participation but also forum participation. I have come up with a few ideas, so I'll just list them here.

I've come up with a sort of idea that will hopefully help make players more active users of the Forums as well.
My idea is posted here, on the forum I created for Hypnotic (one that Randy is hopefully going to utilize soon).
http://hypnoticstory.forumotion.net/announcements-f3/forum-points-t46.htm#95
- RANDY I HOPE YOU SEE THIS =[
Loony's Lin!
Loony's Lin!
Forum Raider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down